Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good news, bad news


I'll give you the bad news first:




The frost is leaving the ground faster than we thought and Jack got stuck while feeding the bulls today (note how much they minded).



We couldn't even pull the truck out with the other 4x4 truck. Good thing there is a tractor around!

And now for the good news:



We have greenery! I tried to prune the lilacs today but I was already too late. When I went to prune some leftover hollyhock stalks I noticed a flash of something not brown. Yes! Green! Spring is coming!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhubarb? Oh, I'm going to have to go check my garden. Excitement!

for the love of a house said...

I'm so shocked that all your snow is gone! Ours is just melting, thank goodness. Soooo ready for Spring this year, but I could do without mud season;)

joan