Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One-man team

We are big fans of NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me news-quiz program. A few weeks ago, they talked about a German girl whose parents refused to get her something as impractical as a horse. They compromised and bought her a cow, which she promptly turned into a hunter-jumper and with which she began touring the show circuit.

I identified with the girl; I have recently begun launching myself over fences and my horse isn't up to the task. What's a girl to do? Then I looked out my window I saw the two ox steers. Aha!

When I looked, Reddy, the older, larger one, had finished his own feed, pushed Set off of his and was now munching contentedly. Good thing I only need one to ride.

"I can still eat you!" I yelled out the door to the bullying bovine.

Jack is working on getting them lead, so every morning he halters them and walks them down to the barn for breakfast. 

Sometimes following a rooster.



 Chickens are really bad at hide and seek. (But really good at it for their eggs!)

 You can practically see the yoke, they are paired so well.
 On Sunday, I asked for a turn. Remember how well they lined up and led for him? Well, this is what I got:
Think they can read my mind?



No comments: